This site is owned and operated by Northwest Sewing Center. Your privacy on the Internet is of the up most importance to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
We always use secure web pages whenever we ask for your credit card information. Your credit card information will always be encrypted when submitted via our secure web pages so your transaction information remains private and secure.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it. Under no circumstances does Northwest Sewing Center sell or trade any information about an individual user to a third party. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
INFORMATION NORTHWEST SEWING CENTER GATHERS AND TRACKS
Northwest Sewing Center gathers four types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Information we gather through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs.
- Information we gather when you add an item to a shopping basket. This information includes a cookie that stores information about the items in your basket. You need to accept this cookie so we can keep track of the items you add to your shopping basket. This cookie never includes private information such your name, address or email address.
- Information we gather when you create an account on our website. If you create an account on our website and check the box to remember your login information our web server will add a cookie containing your login information. You will need to accept this cookie or you will not be logged in automatically on your next visit.
Northwest Sewing Center gathers visitor information in the following ways:
- Optional Voluntary Information – We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy – We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. We gather the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the “unsubscribe” link provided in every newsletter.
Northwest Sewing Center may track user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We do break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Northwest Sewing Center also tracks the search terms that visitors enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual visitors. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites visitors like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what any individual reads, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
As with most other websites, we also collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
USE OF INFORMATION
Northwest Sewing Center uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our website, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the website or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and will occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Northwest Sewing Center never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third party.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what any individual reads, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users.
We look forward to doing business with you. We sincerely hope you have a wonderful shopping experience at Northwest Sewing Center. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using our Contact Form.